At Cottenham we have joined forces with the South Cambs School Sports Partnership to offer a comprehensive package of support for our staff and pupils.
All pupils leaving Cottenham Primary School will be physically literate and have the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
We would expect indicators of such a vision to include:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
SPORT PREMIUM PRIORITIES 2022/23
- Further developing staff confidence in the delivery of high quality Dance and Gymnastics.
- Improving range of sports on offer to pupils as part of the curriculum and extra curricular. ( breaks and lunchtimes)
- Embedding Panathlon initiative of adapted/inclusive sports on offer to pupils.
- More effective targeting of pupils who are not meeting the daily 60 minutes exercise targets or falling behind in their skills in PE.
- Further developing Intra House competitions and Young Sport Leaders
- Supporting confidence in PE delivery for new teaching staff and UQT staff.
The School Games Mark is a Government led award scheme launched in 2012 to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community. Schools will graded as either bronze, silver, or gold. Those schools which consistently achieve the gold award will also be offered the opportunity to upgrade this to platinum
In July 2022, we were awarded the Gold Award, which reflects all of the hard work over the past few years.