In the event of oversubscription the following criteria will be used to determine priority for places:
- Children with a statement of Special Educational Need which names the school or for whom this is the only school that can meet their long term medical needs.
- Children living in the catchment area with a sibling at the school at the time of admission
- Children who live outside the catchment area, but nearest the school according to the shortest available, safe, walking route.
- Children living in the catchment area.
- Children living outside the catchment area who have a sibling at the school at the time of admission.
- Children living outside the catchment area who have been unable to gain a place at their catchment area school because of over subscription.
In cases of equal merit priority will go first to children who are looked after and then to children living nearest the school according to the shortest available, safe, walking route.
If you have any further questions about the school’s Admission procedures, then please refer to the Local Authority’s website, at: www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/admissions, or contact the Local Authority’s Admission Officer, Angela Williams, on 01223 699200 (email: email@example.com).
Admission to School for children aged four
All children are admitted to school in the autumn term. An introductory programme of visits for children and parents takes place in the summer term prior to admission. We work hard to ensure that starting school is a calm and natural progression from pre-school. Parents have the opportunity to meet the staff and discuss the start of school at an Early Years evening in the summer term. During the autumn term, all parents have the option of a home-visit from one of our Early Years team. All parents meet with the new teacher during the autumn term to discuss the way that their child has settled to life in school.
Admission to School for children in other school years
Prospective pupils and parents are encouraged to visit the school during the working day. Application forms can be completed and parents are advised when a place may be available in a particular year group.