As we begin the second half term, I would like to say a big WELL DONE to all of our children in EYFS. I have been so impressed with how this cohort have settled in. Not only are they managing the dinner hall, playtimes and coming in without their parents, they have also embraced Phonics, Maths and Talk for Writing.
Over the next few weeks we will be working on securing numbers 10 in Maths, learning the story of the Billy Goats Gruff in English and finding out about Light and Dark in our Understanding the World work.
I would also like to make you aware of our approach to teaching vocabulary, through specific Robust Vocabulary Lessons (RVI). In EYFS we are learning a new word every week – if your child uses this at home, please let us know and we will give them a House Point and put their names on our Word Warrior displays. The words that we have learned so far are: waiting, grumpy, beneath, scatter and stumble.
Over the course of the next few weeks, we will be beginning to rehearse for our Christmas Production. We will be performing to parents on Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th December at 2:30pm. We will be in touch nearer the time with details regarding costumes.
It was fantastic to see so many of you at Parent Consultation Meetings. If you did not manage to attend these, please speak to your child’s teacher and they will endeavor to arrange an appointment with you.
A couple of notices and reminders:
- LRC sessions have now begun. The children will bring home books weekly from the Library and will need to return them on a Friday (RGT and RSP) or a Monday (RMJ)
- The children will be bringing home a Green phonics book on Friday- please spend some time practising the sounds within this.
- A small number of children have been playing in the Octagon after school. We would ask for your support in reminding them that the Octagon is for school time only.
- We have noted a number of PE kits which are not named. Please make sure that your child has a name in each item of their kit so that we can return any missing items to their owners.
- We are pleased with how all of the children have settled this term, however if you have any concerns about how your child is coping with full days, please speak to their class teacher.
Dates for your diary:
Autumn Term 2023
Thursday 7th December- Christmas Jumper Day