The Cottenham P.T.C.A.
What is a Parent, Teacher and Community Association (PTCA)?
The PTCA is an organisation that you, as parents/guardians, automatically become members of once your child has started at the primary school. You will be pleased to hear that there is no joining fee, and how involved you become within the organisation is up to you.
Why have a PTCA?
The main aim of the PTCA is to help support the school. It can achieve this in a variety of ways:
It can help parents
· improve the school
· get to know each other - whilst taking part in a range of activities
· find out more about how the school works
· fundraise for extra items or services to enrich the children's education
It can help children:
· receive a richer education as a result of items bought by the PTCA
It can help teachers:
· reach potential volunteers and enthusiasts who may help with school projects
How has Cottenham Primary School PTCA achieved this?
Look around the school; it is not hard to see where the PTCA has made a difference over the years (interactive white boards, playground apparatus etc). Each year ,we organise events for parents and children including:
Winter and Summer Fair
We have supported financially extra-curricular activities such as:
- Christmas productions, including the School’s amateur dramatics production by year 6 pupils and teachers,
- Maintenance of swimming pool
- Playground Equipment
- Subsidies for School Trips
- In addition we have organised a school uniform order service.
How can you help?
In a variety of ways, anything from:
- coming along to events and supporting them,
- volunteering to help at a particular event,
- being co-opted onto the Committee to complete a particular task.
We are always looking for new people to help and inspire us.
If you are interested or would like more information then please do not hesitate to contact us via the school office on 01954 250227
Don’t forget to checkout our Facebook page, where we regularly share news of our activities.
Chair 2019 - 2020