Sport Premium Funding at Cottenham Primary School
With the advent of the sport premium Olympic legacy funding (2013 – 2015), schools across the country are finding innovative ways to improve PE and school sport provision for their pupils.
At Cottenham we have joined forces with the Comberton Academy Trust and South Cambs School Sports Partnership to offer a comprehensive package of support for our staff and pupils.
All pupils leaving Cottenham Primary School will be physically literate and have the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Comberton Academy Trust High Quality Primary PE support
This project provides two half-days per week of in-school support from the high quality Primary PE team throughout the year. A member of the team works closely with teachers and teaching assistants in to help achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
We would expect indicators of such improvement to include:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
In the school's 2015-16 budget £14560 was allocated to the following areas:
PE Specialist support one day per week
Specialist support for extra- curricular activity
Transport for sports festivals
Additional PE and sport equipment.